Tuesday 16th July, 2013

I'd be lying if I said it hasn't been an incredibly testing couple of weeks for me - moving in and out of houses and hotels all the while battling a virus that floored the three of us (and other members of our tour group) for days. Regrettably I don't feel as though I've been anywhere near caring or supportive enough for Ed of late - this is meant to be the most exhilarating month of his life but instead I've been drowning in the throes of early (often single) motherhood and living like a gypsy.

My sister Nicole arrives in London today. Two weeks ago I begged her to come and help me get through sleepless nights and shower-less days - simple things such as trying to give Romy breakfast are beginning to frustrate me when all I want to do is sit down for a peaceful, pre-training coffee and catch-up with my husband. This morning Brad Haddin's parents very thoughtfully whisked our little monkey away for half an hour so that I could actually digest my toast and cold coffee. It was the best thirty minutes of my week.

Tour-wise, the team is at training this morning so most of my tour buddies and all of the other family members who arrived yesterday are taking some time out to sightsee and explore London - some on the big red double-deckers and others like Keira and Kayla by pushbike. As for the glamorous side of it all, tonight the team and their partners are invited to a function at the Australian High Commission and for the first time in months I'll have a chance to smeer-on some makeup and wear a nice dress. Fingers crossed that a) I fit in to the dress I packed months ago and b) I don't end up covered in baby-goo before I even leave the hotel.